Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rooms fit for two princesses + A mini tutorial for a monogram lampshade

Princesses are definitely what I think of my girls and so I gave them just that.  For my oldest we told her that we would make her room a big girl for Christmas.  I had so much fun with her room!  Her curtains are made from a chenille bedspread that my mom got off Ebay that she let me cut up.  
















This is my youngest daughter's room









Now for the mini tutorial on how to make a monogram lampshade.




I done mine in Microsoft word.  Now I don't recommend doing this, but I traced the font letters off of the screen.  Find the font style you like and then make the biggest letter(your last name) first.  Next I traced the "W" onto paper.   Then I typed a smaller "R  and positioned my paper next to the "W'.  Then the same with the "A".  If you use photoshop you could easily do it there also.  I am sure there is easier way, but it is just the way I did it.  Then I went back with a sharpie and colored in the letters.  Then I took the paper with sharpie side up and taped it to the underside of the lampshade.  Kind of like the picture below so you can see the letters and I used a piece of paper to show you what I am talking about since I had done this awhile back.  Definitely turn the lamp on while you do it. 



I traced the letters with a pencil and went back and painted the letters with acrylic paint.  This project was pretty easy too.  I hope my tutorial was easy to understand.

I also linking to The Shabby Chic Cottage Party



I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bedrooms! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Thanks for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete